Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sad Songs Blogfest



         What's wrong with me anyway.   Diane at Spunk on a Stick is doing this Sad Songs Blogfest and here I'm doing it on a fourth blog.   Somebody needs to call Bloggers Anonymous.

          I'll tell you what the problem is here.   I thought of too many sad songs.  I stuck with my A to Z themes on the other blogs so on this one I'll go with some popular sad songs.

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry  --- This version by B.J. Thomas was the first I ever heard of this song.  It was all over the radio in the summer of 1966 when I first moved to Tennessee.  It's such a tearjerker.  B.J.'s version is still my favorite.



End of the World  -- Classic teenage angst by Skeeter Davis.



Laurie (Strange Things Happen) -- A spooky sad song by Dickey Lee.  A strange ghost story put to song.



Sounds of Silence  -- I wore out this 45 record when the song first came out and then later got the album.  When I hear this song I picture Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate.   One of the best songs ever.



You'll See    I used to hear this song frequently in the warehouse that I managed.  A young lady who worked there would often have it playing and it sounded so ethereally beautiful but I had no idea who it was singing it.  I am a big fan of Madonna's music especially when I found out she sang this song.



Crying  --  The original artist Roy Orbison is joined here by k.d. lang.






            And that's where I'll leave it.  See more at Spunk on a Stick.

             Be here on Sunday as this blog begins day one of the incredible Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.








.


Enhanced by Zemanta

Post a Comment

0 Comments